Table of Contents
On Wednesday, 11 April from 3:15 p.m. – 7:15 p.m. and Thursday, 12 April from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., students will be holding Student-Led Conferences. These conferences will provide an opportunity for your child to reflect upon their successes during the year and to provide you with examples of what they have learned this year. We emphasize that these are student-led conferences and the teachers will be attending as observers, but not as active participants.
What to expect in the Elementary School:
- Your child will be in charge of the conference and has planned specific areas to share and has rehearsed the conference in a specific order. Please allow your child to proceed with the special plan.
- You will be shown completed work, see demonstrations of skills, and be told about the class and your child’s part in it.
- Several children will be conducting conferences in the classroom at the same time. Please do not bring other children and kindly switch off your mobile phone during the conference so that your attention to your child’s presentation can be uninterrupted.
- Your child may be unsure of your reactions to their presentation. Please provide encouragement and feedback as your child proceeds. Ask questions to clarify and try not to direct or control the conference.
- Teachers and Teacher Assistants will be present to support the conference. Please do not initiate discussions that will exclude your child’s participation. If you would like to discuss additional matters with your child’s teacher, please set up an appointment to do so at a latter date.
- Expect your child to share his/her strengths, successes, best work, and favorite subjects. Your child may suggest areas of improvement. Discussion of a plan or goal for improvement is encouraged.
What to expect in the Secondary School:
- Students have been working on developing a digital portfolio during advisory class.
- The digital portfolio serves as an opportunity for reflection upon our school’s Core Learning Outcomes.
- Within their portfolio, students will provide evidence from various classes demonstrating the CLOs
We look forward to seeing you at Student Led Conferences.